This page collects articles, publications, and mentions of the Gender Gap in Science Project in diverse outlets and media.
- The Gender Gap in Science Book (final report of the project) can be found on line here. It can also be ordered as a printed book through many retailers worldwide. For example on Book Repository. See more here.
- In the European Women in Mathematics Newsletter 33 (2020/1), an article The Gender Gap in Science project: results and perspectives by Marie-Françoise Roy.
- Part of the recommendations of the project was incuded in IMU-Net 99, January 2020.
- Guadalupe Lozano, A Follow-up Conversation: How Individuals, Policies, Institutions, and Culture Shape the Evolving Gender Gap in Science, AWM Newsleter, January-February 2020. Link
- Gillian Butcher, Silvina Ponce Dawson, Igle Gledhill (Working Group 5 – Women in Physics), Gender Gap Project – Update, IUPAP Newsletter, December 2019. Link
- Marina Menga, The Gender Gap is Real, was published initially on ICTP website here. It has been reproduced in CWM Newsletter-Issue 2, November 2019. Link.
- Merrilyn Goos, A global approach to the gender gap in the mathematical, computing, and natural sciences: How to measure it? How to reduce it? CWM Newsletter-Issue 2, November 2019. Link
- Gillian Butcher, Silvina Ponce Dawson, Igle Gledhill (Working Group 5 – Women in Physics), The Global Gender Gap Project, IUPAP Newsletter, September 2019. Link
- Gledhill IMA, Chiu M-H, Ivie R, Roy M-F, Ponce-Dawson S, Mihaljević H. A global approach to the gender gap in mathematical, computing and natural sciences: How to measure it, how to reduce it? S Afr J Sci. 2019;115(3/4), Art. #a0305, 3 pages. Link
- Helena Mihaljević & Marie-Françoise Roy, “A data analysis of women’s trails among ICM speakers”, World Meeting of Women in Mathematics (WM^2), Satellite to the International Congress of Mathematicians 2018, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2018. Preprint
- Mei-Hung Chiu & Mark Cesa (2019). “Does Gender Gap in Chemistry still Exist? A global gender gap project”, Presented at the International Symposium on “Setting their Table: Women and the Periodic Table of Elements“, Murcia, Spain, February 11-12.
- Telling SAGA: improving measurement and policies for gender equality in science, technology and innovation. See here
- The Gender Gap in Mathematics, Computing and Natural Sciences: An Approach from Latin America” (in Spanish), a book published by the Mexican Physical Society. See here
- Announcement in the Newsletter of INSMI (Institut national des sciences mathématiques et de leurs interactions) and its website, see here
- Conference presentation: I. Gledhill, Physics and Humanity: the advancement of women in physics at universities, IUPAP Int. Conf. on Physics Education, Johannesburg, 5 October 2018
- Francesca Primas, Report (incl. advertisement of Joint Global Survey), “Gender initiatives in Astronomy”, Nature Astronomy, 2 October 2018, DOI:10.1038/s41550-018-0591-0. See here
- Note by Catherine A. Roberts, AMS Executive Director, in the Notices of the American Mathematical Society, September 2018, volume 65, number 8
- 2018 ICM reports, “The gender gap in mathematical and natural sciences from a historical perspective”, IMU-Net 91, September 2018
- “Raising Awareness of The Glass Ceiling in Science”, Interview of Marie-Francoise Roy in the EWM Newsletter – September 2018
- Silvina Ponce Dawson & Marie-Francoise Roy (2018) The Gender Gap in Science Project in the International Congress of Mathematicians, IUPAP Newsletter – September 2018 (page 4)
- Francesca Primas, Oral presentation, IAU General Assembly, Aug 20-31, 2018, Vienna
- Merrilyn Goos (2018). A global approach to addressing the gender gap in mathematical and natural sciences. Oral presentation at the 10th European Conference on Gender Equality in Higher Education, Dublin, 20-22 August
- Helena Mihaljević & Lucía Santamaría (2018) Chancengleichheit und Vielfalt im MINT-Bereich [German], DMV-Blog
- 2018 Survey of Mathematical, Computing and Natural Scientists, IMU-Net 89, July 2018
- Jean Taylor (2018) News on the Gender Gap Project, The ICIAM Dianoia Vol. 6, No. 3 July 2018
- Invited Plenary talk: I. Gledhill, Physics and Humanity, Humanity and Physics, 63rd Annual Conference of the South African Institute of Physics, Bloemfontein, South Africa, 25-29 June 2018
- Francesca Primas, Oral presentation (invited), Gender Summit 15 (Europe), Jun 18-19, 2018, London. Presentation video available here
- Mei-Hung Chiu, Marie-Francoise Roy & Hongming Liaw (2018) The Gender Gap in Science, Chemistry International – The News Magazine of IUPAC
- Helena Mihaljević & Marie-Francoise Roy (2018) An invitation to the hall of fame: On the trails of women among ICM speakers, Poster at ICM2018
- Silvina Ponce Dawson & Gillian Butcher (2018) Women in Physics: IUPAP actions and commitment for a more inclusive practice of the discipline, IUPAP Newsletter – March 2018 (page 4)
- Guadalupe Lozano, talk “Measuring the Global Gender Gap in Mathematics and the Natural Sciences: Working Frameworks and a Recent Grant-Funded International Initiative” at the Joint Mathematics Meeting (JMM) Jan 2018
- Francesca Primas, talk “Accelerating ERA Development by promotion of gender equality in STEM research” Oral presentation (invited), Nov 20-21, 2017, Vilnius
- SDG5- Gender, Statement by the Scientific and Technological Community (STC) Major Group, High Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF), July 2017
- Announcement of the beginning of the project IMU-Net 82: March 2017