This page collects articles, publications, and mentions of the Gender Gap in Science Project in diverse outlets and media.
The Gender Gap in Science Book (final report of the project) has been finalized in 2020 and can be found on line here. It can also be ordered as a printed book through many retailers worldwide. For example on Book Depository. See more here.
- A short paper about the Gender Gap in Science project can be found in the International Science Council 2019 Annual Report (see page 18).
- In the European Women in Mathematics Newsletter 33 (2020/1), an article The Gender Gap in Science project: results and perspectives by Marie-Françoise Roy.
- Part of the recommendations of the project was incuded in IMU-Net 99, January 2020.
- Abraham Arcavi, Merrilyn Goos, Lena Koch (Eds), ICMI July 2020 newsletter.
- Maria Esteban, The concluding meeting of the Gender Gap in Science project, Dianoia, ICIAM, vol. 8, n°2, April 2020
Igle Gledhill, Marie–Francoise Roy, Mei–Hung Chiu, Silvina Ponce–DawsonResults and recommendations of the Global Approach to the Gender Gap study in science, The African Physics Newsletter, April 2020. Published also in Afriscitech
- Abraham Arcavi, Merrilyn Goos, Lena Koch (Eds),The Gender Gap Project, ICMI March 2020 newsletter.
- Jodi Tims, Welcome from the ACM-W Chair, ACM-W Connections–February 2020.
- Carlos E. Kenig, The International Mathematical Union (IMU) at 100, Notices of the American Mathematical Society, Vol. 67, n°3, 404-407, March .
- Catherine Jami. Some aspects of research by social scientists on the gender gap in science. Journée international des femmes et des filles de science, Feb 2020, Paris, France. ⟨halshs-02477336⟩
- Gillian Butcher, Silvina Ponce Dawson, Igle Gledhill (Working Group 5 – Women in Physics), Gender Gap Project – Update, IUPAP Newsletter, December 2019. Link
- Marina Menga, The Gender Gap is Real, was published initially on ICTP website here. It has been reproduced in CWM Newsletter-Issue 2, November 2019. Link.
- Merrilyn Goos, A global approach to the gender gap in the mathematical, computing, and natural sciences: How to measure it? How to reduce it? CWM Newsletter-Issue 2, November 2019. Link
- Gillian Butcher, Silvina Ponce Dawson, Igle Gledhill (Working Group 5 – Women in Physics), The Global Gender Gap Project, IUPAP Newsletter, September 2019. Link
- Gledhill IMA, Chiu M-H, Ivie R, Roy M-F, Ponce-Dawson S, Mihaljević H. A global approach to the gender gap in mathematical, computing and natural sciences: How to measure it, how to reduce it? S Afr J Sci. 2019;115(3/4), Art. #a0305, 3 pages. Link
- Mihaljević H., Roy MF. A Data Analysis of Women’s Trails Among ICM Speakers. In: Araujo C., Benkart G., Praeger C., Tanbay B. (eds) World Women in Mathematics 2018. Association for Women in Mathematics Series, vol 20. Springer, Cham. Link.
- Mei-Hung Chiu & Mark Cesa (2019). “Does Gender Gap in Chemistry still Exist? A global gender gap project”, Presented at the International Symposium on “Setting their Table: Women and the Periodic Table of Elements“, Murcia, Spain, February 11-12.
- Jodi Tims Welcome from the ACM-W Chair, ACM-W Connections–November 2019
- Telling SAGA: improving measurement and policies for gender equality in science, technology and innovation. See here
- The Gender Gap in Mathematics, Computing and Natural Sciences: An Approach from Latin America” (in Spanish), a book published by the Mexican Physical Society. See here
- Announcement in the Newsletter of INSMI (Institut national des sciences mathématiques et de leurs interactions) and its website, see here
- Conference presentation: I. Gledhill, Physics and Humanity: the advancement of women in physics at universities, IUPAP Int. Conf. on Physics Education, Johannesburg, 5 October 2018
- Francesca Primas, Report (incl. advertisement of Joint Global Survey), “Gender initiatives in Astronomy”, Nature Astronomy, 2 October 2018, DOI:10.1038/s41550-018-0591-0. See here
- Note by Catherine A. Roberts, AMS Executive Director, in the Notices of the American Mathematical Society, September 2018, volume 65, number 8
- 2018 ICM reports, “The gender gap in mathematical and natural sciences from a historical perspective”, IMU-Net 91, September 2018
- “Raising Awareness of The Glass Ceiling in Science”, Interview of Marie-Francoise Roy in the EWM Newsletter – September 2018
- Silvina Ponce Dawson & Marie-Francoise Roy (2018) The Gender Gap in Science Project in the International Congress of Mathematicians, IUPAP Newsletter – September 2018 (page 4)
- Francesca Primas, Oral presentation, IAU General Assembly, Aug 20-31, 2018, Vienna
- Merrilyn Goos (2018). A global approach to addressing the gender gap in mathematical and natural sciences. Oral presentation at the 10th European Conference on Gender Equality in Higher Education, Dublin, 20-22 August
- Helena Mihaljević & Lucía Santamaría (2018) Chancengleichheit und Vielfalt im MINT-Bereich [German], DMV-Blog
- 2018 Survey of Mathematical, Computing and Natural Scientists, IMU-Net 89, July 2018
- Jean Taylor (2018) News on the Gender Gap Project, The ICIAM Dianoia Vol. 6, No. 3 July 2018
- Invited Plenary talk: I. Gledhill, Physics and Humanity, Humanity and Physics, 63rd Annual Conference of the South African Institute of Physics, Bloemfontein, South Africa, 25-29 June 2018
- Francesca Primas, Oral presentation (invited), Gender Summit 15 (Europe), Jun 18-19, 2018, London. Presentation video available here
- Mei-Hung Chiu, Marie-Francoise Roy & Hongming Liaw (2018) The Gender Gap in Science, Chemistry International – The News Magazine of IUPAC
- Helena Mihaljević & Marie-Francoise Roy (2018) An invitation to the hall of fame: On the trails of women among ICM speakers, Poster at ICM2018
- Silvina Ponce Dawson & Gillian Butcher (2018) Women in Physics: IUPAP actions and commitment for a more inclusive practice of the discipline, IUPAP Newsletter – March 2018 (page 4)
- Guadalupe Lozano, talk “Measuring the Global Gender Gap in Mathematics and the Natural Sciences: Working Frameworks and a Recent Grant-Funded International Initiative” at the Joint Mathematics Meeting (JMM) Jan 2018
- Francesca Primas, talk “Accelerating ERA Development by promotion of gender equality in STEM research” Oral presentation (invited), Nov 20-21, 2017, Vilnius
- SDG5- Gender, Statement by the Scientific and Technological Community (STC) Major Group, High Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF), July 2017
- Announcement of the beginning of the project IMU-Net 82: March 2017